Tuesday, April 17, 2012

There Are Still Social Ills

As I was standing on top of the parking deck between Fulton Street and Prairie Street today snapping pictures, I spied what I thought at first to be a person sitting on the steps that lead from the parking lot on Villa Street down to Fulton. At first I thought it was just someone who found a moment of quiet in the middle of the bustle. As it turns out, some guy came strutting across the street and the lot, there was a quick exchange, and off they both went. I can only assume it was a drug transaction, and by her gait as she walked away, she obviously and sadly has some sort of problem.

I was so surprised by this scene, I neglected to continue taking pictures, although I've seen this sort of thing before. Suffice it to say, despite Elgin's renaissance, there is still an ugly underbelly just as there is everywhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment