Monday, April 2, 2012

The Importance of Coffee

My addiction is coffee.  I always loved it.  However, when my oldest daughter lived in Seattle, Birthplace of the Holy Grail of Coffee (Starbucks), where there are drive-thru coffee kiosks on virtually every corner, I became hooked.


There are Starbucks and Caribou outlets within the city, but there are two independent shops downtown:  Domani and Ravenheart.  Both are fantastic - excellent coffee, friendly service, great atmosphere.



Domani is a small shop.  Its owner, Leo, and his staff, are terrific people and dedicated to their clientele.  You could never ask for better and more personal service.  Their sandwiches are without question the best in town.

It provides cafe-style seating, and is very intimate.

The Italian sandwich is my favorite food in town.

http://www.facebook.com/DomaniCafe



Ravenheart is a larger place.  It is staffed by a great core of three people who always provide great service.  Any caffeine, any style, any way you want it, it's there.

After I retired, I started spending an inordinate amount of time here, largely due to the wifi (recently upgraded) and the more comfortable seating.  It's virtually become a part of my daily existence.

It was looking out the window of the place every day that really inspired me to start this blog. The changing weather, the people walking and driving by, the activity up and down the street, unavoidably overheard conversations, interesting customers, local news articles - they all played a role into this.  I started getting a sense of the pulse of Downtown Elgin in here, so a lot of my stuff here is going to be sown here.

http://www.facebook.com/RavenheartElgin


No comments:

Post a Comment